Monday, November 5, 2007

YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?! YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE BABY! YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!!!

This is the very first piece of music I owned. It was way back in the day when I was just a youngster, at the ripe old age of 5 and my parents got me two things for my birthday: A portable tape player and this album, and I soon as I put the tape in a pressed play my life as I knew it til that point changed forever. That album my friends was Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction. I remember being a little kid and when I couldn't sleep at night my parents would sit up and watch headbangers ball at like 2 in the morning or some shit like that. When the video for Paradise City would come on I would always go to sleep (Paradise City was my moms' favorite GN'R song). This great album holds many fond childhood memories of riding around on my big wheel with the tape play strapped to the back, playing this album as loud as I could, imagine a little kid riding around singing, "There out ta get me, They won't catch me, I'm fuckin innocent, they won't break me!" Ah, childhood. But if you seriously haven't heard this then... then that's just sad. It made me who I am today (and whether that's a good or bad thing is up to everyone else). And remember folks, this was before all that Parental Advisory bullshit so when they said FUCK my young ears heard FUCK not some stupid censored shit. Play this album as loud as you possibly can. Rock on!

Pass: Metal



No comments: