Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You've only lived a minute of your life, I must be dreaming, please stop screaming...

This great album was my introduction to Alice Cooper, my Uncle played it for me right before Halloween (I also thank my Uncle for introducing me to Cream), when I was about 11 or 12 and I never forgot how the album literally gave me goosebumps and freaked me out. I mean, I heard "School's Out" before that so I didn't really think about Alice Cooper being anything scary. But when I was younger, and my Uncle played "Steven" for me, then walking home in the dark, even with my parents by my side... it honestly freaked me out, and that's when I not only fell in love with this album, BUT with Alice Cooper as well. Welcome To My Nightmare is a concept album, the songs, heard in sequence, form a journey through the nightmares of a man named Steven. If you haven't listened to this amazing album, then you are only punishing yourself.
Pass: Purgatory

No comments: