Friday, August 10, 2007

GHOSTS

Ghosts... do they exist? I would like to believe so, I've had some experiences in which I cannot explain. For example, My grandfather died in November and obviously my grandmother was having a very hard time coping. On top of all this she had to have a knee operation near the end of December and didn't want to stay in a hospital alone, so I agreed to go and spend some time with her and help her while she was recovering. So one night, while she was asleep, doped up on the pain meds she was prescribed, I was left wide awake and bored. I watched some TV and read. One thing I can recall vividly is going into the room where my grandfather spent a lot of his time, and most of his final days, and looking for a movie to watch (my grandfather like old comedies). Anyway, upon not finding anything, I left the room and firmly closed the door behind me, nudging it to make sure it was fully closed. Their trailer got a bit drafty during the winter at times so keeping the doors closed helped keep the heat in. The bathroom was beside my grandfathers room, and when I looked at the door, it was open about 3 or 4 inches. I thought nothing of it, and just pulled on the handle harder, closed the door and pushed on the door, making sure it was fully closed. I went to the bathroom and when I came back out, sure enough, the door was standing open again. I closed it one more time, a little freaked, and tried to go to sleep. I woke up in the morning before my grandmother, so I got up and started making myself something to eat for breakfast. I walked towards the bathroom again and could see from down the hallway that the door was wide open again. So I left it open. Was it my grandfather? I'd like to think so, he really enjoyed spending time in the room, watching his movies or listening to old country records and staring out the big window... but what do YOU think? Share your experiences.

No comments: